Wednesday 31 October 2012

Trish posts the following emails of sympathy and heartfelt feelings that she received recently: October 29, 2012 (picture provided by Helen O'Connor)

Hi Trish, 

Very sad to hear about Marc. We so much enjoyed our summers in Dawson with the two of you. Great memories and great show. Attached are a few of my favourite photos I took of Marc when he was in the Yukon.
much love,
Helen, Maggie, Fabian and Heidi
 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Trish,
 
It is with shock and great sadness that I read your email. I really can't believe it still. Bert was such a gentle and loving soul that we only have very fond memories of here. What a special guy he was, connecting with all ages from the youngest fiddlers to the grannies of the group. Calmness, humour and talent are the words that pop into my mind when I think of him. I picture him in those silly overalls and hat goofing about on the stage, then sitting strumming on his guitar quietly taking in the scene at the side of the theatre. He will be held dear in the hearts of the fiddleheads in Whitehorse for always. I can only imagine how distraught you must be at the moment. I just want to take you in my arms and hold you in a big hug. If you can bear to speak to anyone soon I would love to call you, is your number the same?
With love, Mandy
 
-------------------------------------------------------------

 Trish,
I just heard the news from Mandy and we are devastated! It is hard to imagine that this could be true - Marc was so incredibly full of life. He brightened a room with that great smile and, in the case of Fiddlerush, brightened the theatre with his dancing and his wonderful expressions, not to mention his incredible playing. I cannot imagine what you must be going through right now. Adrienne and Natalie have nothing but fantastic memories of Marc and we will never forget what an impact you, Marc and the whole Fiddlerush experience had on their young lives. I know that Marc will be sorely missed by many people for his warm personality and his exceptional talent. I have so many questions but for now, I just want to tell you how sorry we are for your huge loss and to send our love and prayers your way.

Take Care of yourself!

Elizabeth                                                             
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

 
Oh Trish.
 
I am speechless. I was just floored by this news, as I am sure you are. I am so sorry. Marc changed lives. He will be so missed. I can not bring myself to tell the kids yet, they will be blown away. Mack is in a soccer tournament in Toronto right now, and Mik is cramming for exams in Brandon. We will wait a couple days. Patti and I were looking at photos tonight. Those fiddlehead days with you and Marc were the best of times that we will cherish forever. Thank you for getting hold of us, it must pain you greatly. Mik just told me she was invited to play some fiddle tunes in the campus bar tonight, which she did. Marc would be proud. She is first year in music and she took her Mandolin with her. Marc will always inspire.
Trish, do take care. My thoughts are with you.
Love always,
Pat
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment