Wednesday 31 October 2012

Erin Downey-Silcoff sends a collection of shared memories from Facebook about Marc: October 21, 2012

I thought I would collect these ...
 
From Raoul Bhaneja:   Saddened to hear of the passing of musician and top theatre composer/sound designer Marc Desormeaux. Growing up in Ottawa he created the music for the first professional shows I ever did with the Ottawa Shakespeare Festival in 1993. Even cooler than that, a year or two before, despite being a bunch of young kids who had no idea what we were doing he agreed to let The Last Minute Band, my band in high school play our very first gig at ON TAP on Rideau Street. He was a great guy and incredible to work with. I know over the years a lot more people in the theatre got to know him and besides being so very good at what he did he was someone you'd like to be around.
RIP Marc Desormeaux

From Glenn DavidsonI designed a show at GCTC that Marc co-created called Time After Time where he played jazz trumpeter Chet Baker. A wonderfully talented and sweet guy. So sorry to hear this terrible news. RIP

From Andrea KaramomgRaoul, please email me on FB and tell me what happened...We used to be close buds back in the day of his band, my band, etc...Please let me know, this is so tragic. Where was he living?
 
From Pierre Brault:  Thank you Marc Desormeaux for all your wonderful talent and the many laughs. You made all of us sound better and you will be sorely, sorely missed.
 
From Alex MacDonaldMerde Marc! Hugs and kisses for your next journey. You are irreplaceable.

From Andrea Robertson Walker:  This is terrible news. I worked with him many years ago at the NAC Atelier. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

 
From Michael O'Brien:

Oh no, Marc. I worked on a play with him several years ago at NAC. Great guy, great talent. A terrible loss.

From Gil Osborne Woodstrom:   Marc, so many memories. I will miss you terribly.
 
From Gil Osborne Woodstrom:  I can't believe it. I got a letter from him not long ago and he was so full of plans. So so sad...
 
From Kathi LangstonSo sad, an incredible person and I am so grateful to have known and worked with him.
 
From Lally Cadeau Gil.........., ..... I'm so sorry ..

From Michael Mancini:   Rest in peace, Marc Desormeaux. May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
 
From Tori Hammond:   Oh no. Terribly upsetting. He was an astoundingly talented musician and a wonderful person. Blessings to you, M and his entire family. xo

From Kristina WattMarc Desormeaux, Leon Gluzman--thank you for all you gave and inspired.

From Sandi Stoliar  What sad news. I still hear his voice whenever I hear Mustang Sally. Rest in peace Marc.

From Natalie Joy QuesnelRest in peace Marc Desormeaux. You will be missed.
 
From
Victoria SteeleI am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Marc Desormeaux. He was a precious colleague, brilliant artist and good friend. He had a powerful impact on Canadian theatre and will be sorely missed. 
From the Third Wall Theatre Company:   The theatre world has lost a great artist and friend to many in the community. Sadly composer and sound designer, Marc Desormeaux passed away yesterday. Third Wall Theatre, would like to offer their sincere condolences to his family and we know that there must be beautiful sounds in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment