Wednesday 14 November 2012

Friends and collegues send these posts in reflection of their time with Marc (Picture provided by Jaime Desormeaux): November 14, 2012

Pamela Delaney writes:

Marc was a rare man. Seldom does anyone with such talent, beauty, intelligence and humour also have a quiet ego. This world is a lesser place without him, and while I mourn his loss, I am not overly shocked. In 2004, when composing the score for PostScript Productions' two plays, he told me he suffered from very high blood pressure and thought he might die young as a result. I dismissed the notion. He was tall, strong, robust. And yet it is only the most vulnerable of us who possess such creativity. I will never forget his kindness as he helped me through the death of my dog, Brodie, in those weeks. There will never be another Marc Desormeaux. It's just not possible. Create in peace, my friend.

Leslie Wade writes:

I was so sorry to hear of Marc's passing away. He was an incredibly talented and extremely vibrant human being. I met Marc the summer of 2005 when he and Trish agreed to be a part of my 2005 season at The Georgian Theatre Festival. They arrived with their three-legged dog and filled the tent that summer with laughter, love and music. Later our paths crossed when I was assisting Neil Munro on his final directorial production of SUMMER AND SMOKE. Marc composed the music for that production and it was the perfect balance of Americana, sexual tension and longing. Even now, some five years later, I cannot imagine that production without Marc's beautiful compositions. When our paths crossed again at Stratford, it was like seeing an old friend, and although I was in new surroundings, I was comforted knowing that Marc was there as well. I am so grateful I had the opportunity to meet him and for the music he will leave as a legacy to his talent and spirit.

        
Carmen Grant writes:

Dearest Trish --
I'm so sorry I can't be with you on the 19th for Marc's ceremony.
I wish I could find words to express my condolences and my feelings for the loss of such a WONDERFUL man.
Marc and I worked together only twice; the first time was on The Syringa Tree at the Grand in 2009. Marc composed and performed all of the music for it, of course, but what was most thrilling to me as an actor was the absolute JOY he took from sitting in on our rehearsal process. He only had to be there a couple of times, but he chose to come pretty much every day throughout the span of two weeks. It was a treat to watch him playing his new African instruments (which he needed to purchase for the sound design) like a kid on Christmas morning. He LOVED "being forced" to buy a new instrument and figure out how to get the best noises from it!
At some point, we had a dinner at your place. You and Marc served chili - it was delicious. I remember feeling for the first time in a long time how much like a family a small production can be... We all enjoyed one another's work so much; but more importantly, we enjoyed and respected one another's SOULS. Marc's soul was so very beautiful.
I will miss his gifts and enormous talents tremendously, but I will miss his loving, passionate generous spirit more.
I send you much love,  Carmen Grant  


Caroline Dufresne ecrit:

J'ai travaille aupres de Marc il y a 20 ans lorsque je sortais de l'ecole. Merci Marc pour ton aide!

Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment