Friday 9 November 2012

Marti Maraden and Miles Potter's contribution for the blog of their gathering in Marc''s honor: November 08, 2012

Dear Trish,
 
I meant to send this right away but between work, a stubborn virus and a family emergency (all’s well) I was delayed.
On Sunday, October 28, I had some of Marc’s great friends and admirers over for a very informal gathering. Stage manager, Ann Stuart, who has always taken “family” photos of the Stratford Festival company, wasn’t able to attend, but she brought me a gorgeous photo of Marc taken during THE WINTER’S TALE rehearsals. We put the photo and a candle on my table and extra copies were given to the guests. All of us raised a glass to Marc and some shared memories of him. Everyone was so very glad to have a chance to be together and remember our beautiful friend.
 
Those who came were:
Bona Duncan, stage manager, who helped me prepare the event and stage managed DO YOU TURN SOMERSAULT?, the last show I did with Marc
Miles Potter, who brought some of Marc’s music and who spoke beautifully
David Campbell, on of the Technical directors, who also brought music
Todd Charleton, sound designer
Jim Stewart, sound operator at the Tom Patterson Theatre
Joyce Campion (acted in TROJAN WOMEN)   
Roy Lewis (acted in THE WINTER”S TALE)
Ben Carlson (Leontes in THE WINTER’S TALE and Berowne in LOVE’S LABOUR’S at the NAC)
David Kirby (actor/pilot)
Brian Tree (Old Shepherd in THE WINTER”S TALE)
Mary Lu Moyer (stage manager)
Yanna McIntosh (Hermione in THE WINTER’S TALE and Rosaline in LOVE’S LABOUR’S at the NAC)
Tom Rooney (Autolycus in THE WINTER’S TALE, and Hamlet at the NAC)
Kelli Fox (Cassandra in TROJAN WOMEN and the Princess in LOVE’S LABOUR’S at the NAC)
And of course, me—lucky director to have collaborated with Marc so many, but not nearly enough, times.
I’m going to forward pictures to you. I’m very bad at computer operations so I may have to do this individually.
You have been so much in my thoughts, Trish, and I’m glad I’ll see you soon in Ottawa.
Love,
Marti

No comments:

Post a Comment