Thursday 8 November 2012

Trish posts the following emails of sympathy and heartfelt feelings that she received recently: November 07, 2012 (picture provided by Mrs. Lise Desormeaux))

I will miss dearly the chats that I had with my fellow Timmins/Sudbury native Marc. We hadn't known each other that long but we seemed to have such a deep connection. Our common interest in nature and the bond of growing up in the same small northern town of Timmins during the same time period always gave me comfort when we met. One of my last talks with Marc was how he was on the bush fire fighting crew up in Timmins years ago. His crew supervisor was telling him at the time that the conditions were building for a big forest fire and that is exactly what happened in the Timmins area this past spring. He was such an honest man who gave so much to strengthen our community and enrich anyone who he met. A definite loss that will be felt beyond those of us who knew him. You may be gone Marc but you are not forgotten. 
 
Jamie Kallio
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Dear Trish,

It's been a while that I've known that Marc passed away and I was struggling to find a way to contact you just to pass on some good vibrations and let you know that I share your grief. So I hope you're at the other end of this email.
Even though I didn't know him for very long in the grand scheme Marc was a huge influence on me as a young sound designer and imagining that he won't be heard any longer is really difficult. He was the first to really empower me and give me responsibility and I still believe that it's largely due to the experience I had as his assistant way back when on Trojan Women that I ever got to design at the festival at all. His attitude, and his talent were astounding and his work always the best you could ask for. I'm in the Tom Patterson for the first time since then this season. For me that space holds his memory and I'll be happy to have that with me as I design in that space for the first time.

Marc was one of a kind and will be missed by many.

I feel absolutely terrible that I didn't make more of an effort to visit you both once you moved back to the 'bush' but I hope to make sure I see you, and give you a hug at the memorial.

I don't really have anything I'd like to have put up on the blog but I do want you to know that i'll never forget that chimney demolition in St. Mary's and I would do it again in a second just for the good company and the pleasure of being referred to as 'Lad' all day. I also thought I'd mention that Marc has been popping up pretty regularly in my dreams since I heard he was gone. That is really nice.
Please know that I'm sharing this grief with you and sending you the best thoughts and feelings possible.

Much Love,
jesse ash

No comments:

Post a Comment